6.29.2008

Washington DC (a non-Madeline post)

Rose garden looking towards Oval Office doors
Robert, Liz and us outside North Lawn of White House
The Dub-ya taking off in Marine One on the south lawn

Lance made us walk all the way to the Federal Reserve so we could take this picture
Us and the Big Guy-I mean, who doesn't love ol' Ab?
Us standing outside the entrance of West Wing (pres was out for the day recovering from Jenna's reception the night before-otherwise there would be a marine standing at the door).

So Lance and I headed up to DC to see our friends Robert and Liz (finally) two weekends ago! Robert works for The OMB and Liz for Sen. Sessions (AL), so we had the in on some stuff. We had a great time seeing all their favorite things. Madeline stayed with her Gigi and had a blast. Then I started VBS at church the next morning so I haven't had time to post about our trip. Below is a list of the things we did (more of a list for us than you all):

Senate Ice Cream Party

National Archives
Had dinner with my friend Katie from high school
Watch Presidential departure from White House lawn
Supreme Court tour
Lunch in Senate Dining Room
Capital tour
Walked the mall at night (hit all the memorials)
Breakfast at Eastern Market
East Wing of White House tour
Arlington National Cemetery tour
Visited Old Towne Alexandria
Brunch in Georgetown
National Cathedral
Foreign embassies
West Wing Tour

Thanks Robert and Liz for hosting us!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Very cool! Sounds like an awesome time...I'm so glad you guys got to do that :)

Susie said...

okay, that is so cool! what is "OMB"? that is so neat to see the pres in that huge helicopter! thanks for sharing. glad you had a good time!