6.05.2008

5 Year Anniversary

I can hardly believe it, but Saturday, June 7th is our 5th anniversary. Don't run to the pantry for those crackers yet, I promise not to be too cheesy (as I have the lowest tolerance for it myself). I had a conversation with a friend this year who has been married more than 25 years, and I think she put it best when she said that it didn't matter where she was in the world, no matter how goofy, broken, or out of place she felt, she knew she had a place she belonged, and that was with her husband. Being married to Lance has given me a sense of belonging that I didn't know I wanted nor knew I was missing until I was married to him. My covenant of marriage has shown me just how deep Christ's covenant with me is and how much I belong to Him. This is just one of the mysteries of marriage the Lord has revealed to me in our first 5 years. I really could not imagine having a better husband and I'm still "Stuck on You" Lance.

p.s.-I do not like the above picture, but its the only decent one I have on our computer as our pictures were not digitally done (so sad, one of the regrets I have about our wedding-pay more for the best photographer! You won't regret it!)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples!

Sarah said...

Happy 5 years!! Your wedding was great, so glad I was able to be there!

Ashley said...

so are you saying my "I'm obsessed with my husband" post was cheesy? how dare you! haha jk! Halppy 5th Anniversary! Time does fly by.. we have ours in October. Crazy!