6.18.2008

All About The Lancer

I'm no Ashley Mac or Deb L. but they were pretty delicious no matter how they looked!

M still isn't that interested in eating sweets. She mostly just played in the icing-as you can see!
Same tree we took Mother's day pics in front of at church


So lots going on and not a lot of time to tell you all the details as I'm sure you all are dying to know what we have been up to every minute of the day since my last post. We had a great Father's Day. Lance, of course, is the best daddy and I am so thankful for him. He is so helpful and attentive to both of us. I feel terrible though because M has been going through a rough spot with him. She's kind of been rejecting him a lot. But its only when I'm around. When they are alone she clings to him. I'm hoping this ends soon. It makes me (and him) so sad.

I got a job, but its just a "little job." I'm the new missions secretary at our church. 5 or so hours a week from home. No big deal. Just something to direct my time a little better since "one child is just a hobby" as my friend Jamie says.

We put our place on the market this week. We are trying to do it by owner right now since we aren't in a rush to move. I'm shamelessly going to plug it, and ask that if you know of anyone in B'ham looking for a 2 bed/2 bath condo in Hoover let us know. We are on the website www.forsale-byowner.com right now.

The other thing we finally did was get a will drawn up. I felt so morbid and fearful trying to decide who would raise my kids "in the unlikely event" that something should happen to us both, and all the financial stuff that goes along with that. We are leaving M twice this summer (1st time starting tomorrow) while we take trips and I've been very anxious about it in light of all the will stuff. If you think about it, please pray for me. I truly know that our children belong to the Lord and that he is good no matter what should happen to them or to us, and that if we aren't here that they will not fall away from the faith if they belong to the Father. My sinful self thinks that somehow I could control this if I could keep my family with me at all times. I have control issues-thorn in my flesh that has yet to be removed after all these years. Though I am hoping to see how "his power is made perfect in my weakness." All that to say, I hope that will is the biggest waste of money we ever spend!

And finally, Madeline was sick all last week for the first real time. She's had colds and a couple of fevers but this was a fever for almost 3 days ranging between 100-104. Doctor thought it was a UTI, but thankfully we're pretty sure it was Roseola. My first real trip to the doctor with an unknown illness. Pretty good for almost 17 months!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Who is this Jamie???????

Tammy said...

Good luck selling by owner-been there-get pre-approvals before wasting your time showing it to people who cannot afford it.
Kids go throught phases of favoring one parent over the other-it will pass! Lance is clearly a wonderful father and she knows it!

Deb said...

I totally know what you feel like with the will thing. We recently went on a vacation without C and had to do life insurance, will, etc.. it is morbid and a definite reminder or who our children truly belong too. I too am hoping that is a big waste of money myself. By the way, the cup cakes looked great and super yummy! Thanks for the sweet comment though. Got any left? :)

Shannon and Clint said...

I was blogging stalking and found your blog! It looks like everything is going great for ya'll. Clint and I are expecting a little girl in Novemeber and can't wait :)

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

where are you guys moving to. maybe a house?
stephen and i are missing being at avpc these days.
hope things are going well for you guys!
~katy h.