1.03.2010

Lance's Mom


Lance's mom, Gail, went to be with the Lord Saturday night. She would have been 59 today, January 4th. She went into the hospital on Christmas Eve, and it became apparent on Tuesday that she was not going to leave. We prayed that the Lord would be merciful and take her quickly, we are thankful he answered our prayers. We were able to move her to a hospice facility on New Year's Day, which was a blessing. We are so thankful that she is no longer in pain and no longer has to battle against cancer. We are filled with joy that she is now with Jesus rejoicing at his feet, but our hearts are broken at what we have lost. Madeline and her GiGi had a very special relationship. We are so thankful for the almost three years they had together. Our mom was the strongest woman we have ever known, and will be missed more than words can express.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry Teresa. I can't imagine how hard that must be. praying for y'all.

Seth and Mary said...

Love ya'll.

Sarah said...

So sorry friend. Give my love to Lance!

The Stinson Family said...

Very sweet post and awesome picture of Maddie and her Gigi. Love you guys

Gloria said...

I'm praying for y'all. I have walked down this path, so I lift my prayer with fervor.

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

We prayed for y'all at church yesterday. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope that as you grieve you find comfort and hope in Jesus.

Tammy said...

We're so sorry, Lance and Teresa. What a blessing to know she is with Jesus and you will meet again. Praying for you all.

Marcus, Mary Grace, Neely and Sadie said...

What a joy to know she is with the Lord. Praying for you and your family as you grieve her loss.

Unknown said...

Hey guys-Ellen and I are so sorry to hear about your mom. We will keep you and your entire family in our prayers. We love you guys.

Neal

The Burgess Family said...

Wish I could hug you guys! Praying for you.

Maggie Pelton said...

What a sweet post to an obviously special lady. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.