








We had a small birthday party with our cousins for Madeline's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. This was GiGi's favorite place to take M, and she had told me that she wanted to have a party for her there before she passed away. I was too tired to try to plan anything else, and was happy to pay someone else to do it all this year. Still my same complaint with blogger, cant write under the pictures. So the only one I wanted to comment on was M eating Barbie's hand. She had on icing bracelets and M discovered this, so she was licking off the icing. She loved the cake, but ate only the icing. Cant blame her. Girl after my own heart. I was also able to take cookies to her MDO class to celebrate. She was so proud to be the center of attention. Big surprise. She is all about "Me First" these days. The selfishness has really been a struggle. Some sweetness still. The morning of the party, M came in to our room and asked me if GiGi could see the party from Heaven. I told her yes, to which she replied, "I wish she could come down from Heaven for my party." We've had lots of little heartbreaking moments like this, but the Lord has comforted us, and we are thankful.
We had her 3 year checkup as well. She is 38 inches tall and about 33 1/2 lbs. 75th percentile for both. I dont mean to brag or jinx us (not that I really believe in that-we are Presbyterian), but that was the first time I had to take M to see my pediatrician since her 2 yr checkup. Of course, she did fracture her collar bone in May, but we had to go to Children's for that and then followup with an orthopedic doctor 2 times after. I cant believe how well she has been these 3 years. I am so grateful as I know some other friends have really struggled with sickness, tubes, hip problems, etc. Praying for all my friends with these issues. Oh, and another picture is of her in her favorite birthday present, a Dora couch/fold out sleeper. She wants to sleep in it for nap everyday even though she is too long for it and her feet hang over.
I wish I was a better blogger, because Madeline has said some pretty funny things and now I can only remember a few. Right before Christmas, we were in Publix where they had a huge spinning Korbel bottle for New Year's stuff. I was looking at the circular when M stands up in the cart, points and very loudly and excitedly says, "LOOK MOMMY-BEER!!!" I, being so proud, corrected her and said actually its champagne, to which she replied "LOOK MOMMY-CHAMPAGNE! Let's go get some!" Last night, Lance went with some guys to T-town for the basketball game. The phone rang as I was getting her ready for bed. M said "Its probably some dude callin'. Daddy's a dude; its probably daddy." Wonderful deductive reasoning. I have no one to blame but myself-this is the way I talk.
More exciting posts to follow. This week we had 9 HUGE trees professionally cut down in the front yard and 2 in the back. I've been dreaming about the sound of chainsaws and huge thumps. They are grinding stumps as I write. Hopefully done in 30 minutes before the sun goes down....I'm doubtful. Its cool, they have to come back tomorrow and cut down 2 of my neighbor's trees. Guess they were inspired by us. I can't believe how many people stopped to ask the workers why they were taking the trees down. I would say "because these people are paying me to." Geezz people....
1.28.2010
Birthday with Chuck
at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
love reading your updates..you crack me up. So, I've been trying (in my mind) to bring drop by a little something for y'all ever since Lance's mom died. I've had a card laying out and been meaning to call you for your address etc...such a bad friend I am! I'm so sorry...so, facebook or email me your address...and I'll stop by soon! Been praying and thinking about y'all.
Post a Comment