10.21.2010

Birthdays-late


I have cute girls

Lance assembling his new smoker. Madeline was playing "Jack in the Box" as well. Lance would have to "wind it up" and sing the song and then M would pop out. Why are children so endlessly amused with a box?

Lunch on Lance's birthday with his dad and grandparents

M reading to Paxton.

Breakfast casserole was our "cake" on b-day morning.

Just so sweet. Paxton really loves Lance. M was more attached to me.

My birthday celebration. We split that cupcake 3 ways I will have you know! That's real love.

Lance got the big cake this year (as our birthdays are so close we only get one cake so we don't gain 10 pounds the first week of October), and he requested cookie cake. Twist my arm! Unfortunately as he brought it into the house he squished the top and it got a little messed up.

So I'm a little late on this. My birthday was Oct. 1 (Im Thirty-one-derful, SO cheesy!) and Lance's 30th birthday was Oct. 6. I was very excited for Lance to turn 30. I didn't like being in my 30's alone. For his birthday we gave him a smoker (which he has wanted for over a year), and a golf trip to NYC. A year and a half ago while we were watching the US Open at Beth Page Black I thought of this idea to send him on a golf trip for his 30th. I thought it would be too hard to get to Beth Page, so I set my sights on other public courses around the Southeast where the Pros play. I counted myself out once we found out we were prego with Paxton. So I was still trying to get it all together when we found out that our friends Robert and Liz (who currently live in London) were going to be in NYC for the fall. Robert is a perfect golf companion. So it is going to work out after all for them to play Beth Page Black. More pictures of this to come after the trip later this month. Happy birthday to my wonderful husband who has more gray hair than me! Muuuhahahahaha!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Love the thirty-one- durful comment! Happy Birthday friend! I love you!

Betty said...

WHAT? A smooshed cookie cake, that is no good! You should have called me and I would have taken it off of your hands ;) Happy Birthday to both of you, hope Lance has fun in NY!!

The Stinson Family said...

Your girls are so cute. You too my friend. Love you all tons and tons!