
Paxton Grace arrived today, August 11, 2010 at 3:02 am. She was 8 lbs. exactly and 20 inches long. Not huge for 40 weeks and 5 days. My girls start out average, but then shoot into the 90% as they begin to eat. I thought for sure she would have to be induced on Friday. Thank the Lord it was not so. I started having contractions on Tuesday around 3:45 in the afternoon. We headed to the hospital around 9:30pm at which point they were 5 minutes apart (oops-waited a little long). I wanted to put M to bed so that she wouldn't have to see us leave for the hospital. So, once we checked in at 10:15 I was already 4 cm and the contractions were picking up. I hate how long it takes to get things rolling at the hospital. There were like 10 long things that had to be done before I could get an epidural (paperwork, IV, blood work, blood work results, antibiotics, doc had to come, Anesthesiologist had to be called down, etc..) So it was 11:45 before I had the epidural in and my contractions were coming every 2-3 minutes (thank God for medicine. If you have had a pain med free birth, you are my hero). At which point my nurse checked again and I was already 6 1/2 cm. Thankfully, the epidural never slowed down the contractions and I was ready to push around 2:30am. My nurse broke my water to which we found some meconium. Paxton was still a little high, so my nurse said to push once to see if she would come down, and boy did she. They called the doctor right then. Once the doctor arrived I pushed once more and she was out. M was 5 pushes, P was 2, if we have a third baby could I do it in one push?
So thankful to not be prego anymore and have my body semi back to myself. Thankful for a sweet new baby girl! Madeline told me yesterday when she arrived at the hospital, "I love you Mommy and I love Paxton too." She was excited, but would rather show her some silly faces then hold her. I think she is more excited about getting P home to let her use all the baby things we have pulled out.

4 comments:
Yay! Congrats! Abigail was 8lbs 2 ounces at 38 weeks so you are right, Paxton was not that big for being overdue! I know you are glad she is here. Can't wait to see more pics.
Congratulations friends! She is beautiful.
She is absolutely precious!! So very happy for ya'll!
2 pushed, you are my hero! You both looked great Wed. So glad she is finally here!
Post a Comment