
Setting up Paxton's room. Its been a long time since I took a picture of these two together.
31 weeks-8 more to go, yikes!
Hydrangeas picked from our yard! This makes me so happy! A dream come true.
Fireworks for a wedding at The Club. We had just gotten our membership cards that day so we stopped by for drinks (or a cranberry juice in my case) after dinner. We decided that we could become part time wedding crashers and come here every weekend for free drinks. j/k
Dinner at Hot & Hot Fish Club before "The" Club.I really cant believe we joined this thing. Other than its dirt cheap for someone under 38-FYI if you need a rec. We hadn't been to dinner at Hot & Hot since before we were married. It's so good! Today marks 7 years of marriage for us. We celebrated Saturday night since H&H is closed on Mondays. I know people say this, but really, its been the best 7 years of my life. Even when life has been hard, our marriage has always been a soft place to land. The Lord continues to remind and amaze me that Lance was made just for me. I am so thankful for him. At dinner we were saying how we couldn't believe 7 years had gone by. Lance then said how we would laugh at our 20th about how we were saying that at our 7th. Hoping I'm not 7 months pregnant then!
So some of you know or have heard me talk about "My best friend Jenny." Jenny and I have been friends since we were 5 when I moved in one house down-this July will mark 25 years of friendship!!!! She is "Jen" and I am "Teres," but only when talking to each other. In between our houses are two very good looking boys who our mothers would have liked to see one of their 5 girls marry, but to no avail. The boys are still single, and all the girls are taken. Jenny's older sister is the one who first went to THE University of Alabama. Jenny was going to go to Ohio University and I was going to go to Miami University, but on April 1, 1998 (deadline day) we were talking in our 1st period pre-cal class and I mentioned that I was thinking about Bama. She said she was too! We decided not to talk about it until we had each decided on our own so that we wouldn't influence each other. 2 days later I walked the 37 steps to her door and said, I was going to which she jumped in the air and said she had decided to as well. We knew each other well, and loved each other enough to know we should not live together. We both got placed in Rose Towers first, only to get moved to The Tut, and low and behold both get to be on the 4th floor! We both went pot luck on our roommates (mine worked out a little better than hers), she rushed and joined a sorority, I did not (praise God). She met and began dating her future husband, whose name is Lance, freshman year, I met mine sophomore year and started dating Junior year. I got engaged first though! We got married 5 weeks apart to our perspective Lances in Cincy. We lived in the same city for almost 18 years and have only been separated by a 2 1/2 hour car ride these last 7. There is no one I would rather shot the bull with than Jenny. She knows pretty much every mundane detail of my life (more than my husband-mostly due to length of time together, not because I keep anything from him and vice versa). We talk about 1 or 2 times a week. Maybe we go a little longer sometimes, but generally our conversations are just a pick up of where we left off. Apart from my husband this is the person who really knows me well, and loves me anyways. There also is no one I have more inside jokes with than this lady! Thankfully the Lances enjoy each other enough that they tolerate us together. I cannot imagine life without her and am so thankful to the Lord for providing her as my touchstone and my second most soft place to land. She is an incredible mother! I pray for her patience and gentleness. And only once has she forgotten my birthday, which equals the number of times my parents have forgotten as well.
Since we are both now 30, prego and to celebrate our enduring friendship we decided it was long overdue for us to go away together. We spent the night at Ross Bridge and then had a spa day the next day. It was so nice-other than both being pregnant and unable to share a bottle of wine. The spa was great and a close second to the wine.
Jenny's "Lancer" as I like to refer to him. Their son is next to them. She is having a second son, and I a second daughter. We keep making potential spouses for them rather than best friends. At least I know I will be able to stand my daughter's mother-in-law! So to my "bestie"- I love you, thanks for making life so much more fun!
6.07.2010
Happy 7 and Ode to Jenny
at 4:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Happy (belated) anniversary! (In case you haven't figured it out in the past 7 years, I'm horrible with keeping up with these things.) We're leaving in a few weeks, so we need to get together before then. Love you all so much!
Happy Anniversary!! I loved being at your wedding 7 years ago- and you were the most perfect June bride I have ever seen!! :)
Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary!
You look fabulous and I am so glad that you and yourbestfriendJenny got to have some girl time.
I would call you right now but I'm crying a little too hard to talk!! You are the sweetest and I am sooo lucky to have you as my bestest friend! Why do you do this to a fellow pregnant lady!?!?!?!?! Harrison keeps apologizing to me b/c he thinks he is making me cry. ha ha. Love you and I had a blast on our "girls weekend"! Will you send me that picture when you get a chance?
Post a Comment