3.15.2009

Potty Training

She likes to play jump rope with our belts

Princess on the go
Good hair day-as opposed to how crazy her hair usually looks on here. Plus, it was class picture day so I was happy to know that she was lookin' fly that day
overall cute day-outfit, hair, smile. I should sign up for "Toddlers and Tiaras." (of course I'm kidding, can anyone really see me as a pageant mom? That show makes me sick...)
Big girl panties!

So potty training has gone better than I initially anticipated (I say this on the other end of our low day which was Wednesday). Last weekend was rough (mostly due to being mentally taxed already with our friend's death), but we decided to push through and start training. Tee-tee was easier of course. M didn't poo-poo until just two days ago, but now its like a light switch went off and its not a problem. I thought she might regress when she went to school on Tuesday, but her teacher was super helpful and said she did great both days. I, on the other hand, faced my biggest fear-public restrooms with my child who has to sit down!!!!! For those of you who don't really know me, I have nightmares frequently-and most of them involve snakes and dirty toilets. Of all places to start, the first time I had to take M was at The Galleria (mall). I still don't want to think about it. I know it wasn't even as bad as its going to be when we have to stop at a gas station-yikes! Ah, I digress.....So, over all we are pumped to not be buying diapers any longer. It's like an instant boost to the vacation or date budget!

2 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Way to go Madeline! I am so scared to start with EK but I think I better try soon or she may lose interest! Thanks for some motivation! Oh, and her hair really is beautiful!

Kellie said...

YAY!!! Sounds like yours has gone much quicker and smoother than ours with Wilson - she reminds me of Emma Claire - just GOT IT - in one day - girls are a blessing!!!!