10.06.2008

Its the Final Countdown (for me at least)

Madeline loved blowing out the candles and insisted on "Mo" (more, which means "again" to her) until the candles were almost completely melted. She wont have any problems in January blowing out her own two candles.
Since our birthdays are just 5 days apart we shared this awesome Strawberry Cake from Ashley Mac's! Way better than Edgar's in our opinions. This is my friend from college who owns her own bakery/catering business in Bluff Park and about to open a new location in Cahaba Heights! Can't wait Ashley-I've already told people about it!

Found her here eating a snack one afternoon. She could not keep her eyes open for the picture due to the flash. She kept saying "hot" which means "bright" though she is beginning to understand the difference and using "bright" more. So funny how they interchange similar nouns when they don't quite have the vocab to explain.

Had my 29th birthday on Oct. 1. I must say, I'm a little upset about this being my last year in my 20's. I guess I just thought 3o was really old and far away and now its banging down the door. It doesn't help that the "laugh lines" in my forehead have gotten very deep and now stretch across the entire length of it. If only I wasn't so funny and didn't crack myself up-one of my worst traits! Don't worry about me, I'll get over all this (plus there's bot ox). None the less, you are all invited to my surprise 30th birthday party next year. Just let Lance know you want to come, I, of course, am and will continue to be completely unaware of anything.

Then we celebrated Lance's 28th today. Lance, of course, has only improved with age. As I wrote in his card today-I am so grateful to have had my sixteen candles birthday wish come true, and I am married to my own personal Jake Ryan. Minus the porche-still rockin' the Nissan Sentra! Lance you are the most sacrificial husband and loving father. I can't imagine what life would be like if you hadn't shown up on my doorstep 7 years ago and never stopped calling. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Try just turning 31 and officially being "in one's 30s." Enjoy this year :)
Love what you wrote about Lance-you guys are awesome and we miss you lots!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! Turning 30 wasn't bad for me, I'm sure you will handle it fine next year! Watching a Bama game in the Sky Box sounded fun!!

Ashley said...

happy birthday Lance and Teresa!! thanks for letting me make your bday cake- I feel so special that you would take a picture of it(: and thanks for telling people about us!!! T- I feel the same way about turning 30.. I turn 29 in december and I am NOT very excited about!