3.22.2008

Trip to the Zoo

Went to the zoo with two friends from Tuscaloosa and their girls-Allison (cousin), Klara, Savannah and Madeline
The petting zoo was her favorite. She wanted to grab all the goats ears.
"Come here little goat, I wanna squeeze that ear!"
I couldn't get this from the front but she was so excited when the goat stuck his head out. He started to lick her tray (which had french fries on it just moments earlier)!

We had a great time at the zoo. It was spring break here so it was pretty crowded. I think Madeline's still a little young to appreciate looking at the animals. She mostly liked to watch all the people that were walking around. I was a little underwhelmed by it though. Being that I have only been to the Cincinnati zoo it was my only basis for comparison. Cincy zoo is always in the top 5 in the country (I know, I make everything sound better in Cincinnati-some things are though!). Man, she was pooped after it! We couldn't pull out of the parking lot before she fell asleep; she didn't wake up when I took her out of the car either (which is rare), and then slept for an additional 2 1/2 hours. I say this like its a big deal because she had already taken a morning nap too.

What do you think of the new blog template? I'm so glad my friend Rachel found this because I was getting so tired of the limited choices that blogger offered. I lost all my links to friends blogs so I will update that soon.

2 comments:

The Christian's said...

I love your new template. I got a new one from that site as well. We really enjoyed our zoo trip. Still disappointed about the no elephants. What kind of zoo doesnt have elephants?!?! Hope yall are having a blessed Easter! Talk to you soon.

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

The new format looks great! The only sad thing is that it does make you lose everything on your side bars! I need to figure out what to do about that! Madeline is getting so big and I love her polka dot shoes.