3.12.2008

Rest of Cincy Trip

Final result-13 inches! And the sun came out right after it finished, so most of the snow was melted by the time we left Monday. Not great for a lot of people due to the flooding it caused.
I forgot how crazy the snow can fall and pile up on things.
About to go down with Uncle Garry. We went sledding at the church yard that is at the entrance of our neighborhood. It felt so strange to be sledding at the same hill with my daughter 22 years later than the first time I went down it! On a side note, not as fun/dangerous either due to the fact that they had to re-route the creek at the end of the hill in order to change the intersection. If you went fast enough, you would end up in the creek occasionally.
I don't want to go down alone! (which of course she did not) Thankfully my aunt had given us some old clothes of her boys which had this snow suit in it, otherwise we would not have been able to go since we don't own any heavy snow clothes. I had to barrow some boots from my mom (which were white and furry-I should have taken a picture in them). I definitely looked very "Uncle Eddie-Christmas Vacation" with my jeans tucked into them while shoveling the snow!
I want to get down and play! This is one of Madeline's new faces. She will suck in really hard when she makes it too. Its pretty funny...
Pushing Bella. My mom's BFF Judy's granddaughter. They are exactly 5 months apart and the grandmas have been dying to get them together.
Mom and Dad with Madeline before we drove to Louisville to catch our flight.

So I didn't get to see all the people I wanted to/had plans with due to the snow. Sorry to those I missed. Lance loves snow and was so bummed to have missed all the fun things we did. On the plus side he had beautiful weather in Hartford. Madeline had a great time at Mimi and Pooh's house. She spent countless amounts of time climbing the stairs and playing the piano. Not too interested in the snow though. Maybe next year...

0 comments: