Madeline is holding herself up so well!
All my friends have pictures of feet so I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Plus I wanted to show off my skills with editing photos on Photoshop Elements (This used to be a picture of her face-I totally recommend it)
We like to "pop" the collar since we are starting Maddie early on how to be a fashion diva (just like her mother of course!)
She was desperately trying to get the whole thing in her mouth. She does this a lot with her fist too-she almost has her fist. We are gearing her up for the circus-next will be marshmallows (also a useful skill for all the Chubby Bunny contests we are planning to enter her in) and then we'll work our way up to swallowing knives.
The results of too much "tummy time." She pooped out.
I've been a bad mom. Madeline didn't really like hanging out on her stomach so I didn't force the issue and put her on it very much. So I've been trying to make up for it lately and it seems to be paying off. She rolled over once, but still hasn't got it completely down yet.
The most consistent thing we do since the summer started is go walking a couple of times a week at a local lake. It has lots of ducks, geese, swans, turtles, and on occasion I see snakes in there too! My favorite-blah. The point of my story is that I am feeling a little sad because one duck (who is so ugly because it looks like a turkey which is a story for another time) had 15 chicks about 2 weeks ago. Every time I go she is missing more chicks! Today she was down to just 5! Now, if you know me at all, you know that I am not what you would call an "animal lover" (I love other people's pets-I just don't want any of my own), but as a new mom my heart just breaks for this ugly turkey duck as she keeps loosing more babies. The rational, non-animal loving side of me says, Thank God she is an animal and cannot think or feel! Now I'm sure you are asking yourself "why did I just waste 15 seconds of my life to read that?" but just know its late, my husband and child are in bed, and I am going through this crazy cycle of not being able to fall asleep even though I am exhausted. Po Po pitiful me and Ugly Turkey Duck!
5.24.2007
Tummy Time
at 9:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love you Teresa! Your blogging always puts a smile on my face!
Rachel Norris
Post a Comment