7.20.2010

Funny Things

Some funny things that have come out of Madeline's mouth lately. We were walking out of Walmart yesterday and there was a car parked next to us with a rather heavy bass blaring. I didn't say anything, but as we approached M says, "Whoa, that is some serious music."

She has been into making things disappear. I asked her the other day where something went to which she responded "A magician never reveals their secrets." Where do they learn these things?

We have to re-enforce that mommy and daddy are in charge. She often repeats that we are in charge as well. M came in the other morning to snuggle and said "Mommy, you're in charge, and I'm unplugged." I think she was associating that you charge a phone and plug it in to do so. One of those funny things that has a double meaning but they still can't quite associate them separately. She also will use bigger words in sentences but they don't quite fit. I can't think of a specific example right now of this.

Madeline asked how I would get the baby out. I told her I would push her out like when you go to the potty (which is the best way I could think to describe the birth process without getting too graphic). M said "oh, I thought they would cut your belly to get her out." I thought this was pretty smart of her to be thinking through how babies would come out. I came into the living room this morning and M showed me her bear who was covered up on the chair. I asked if she was asleep, M said "no, she's having a baby." She then proceeded to use the play hand vacuum on her. I asked what she was doing and she said she was getting the baby out.

1 comments:

Kate said...

She is one funny girl. Smart too. Like her mama.