4.23.2010

The House-Before and After


Before-The side profiles are the best view of what was there

These things were big-all you could see were trunks from the front. Not pretty

Since we took all the trees the birds were without a lot of options-here is a picture of the wreath on our door that birds had begun to build a nest behind

These after shot are not the best-sorry. And things are much prettier now that they are blooming, but you get the general idea. We went with baby shrubs (as they were much cheaper and it 2-4 years they will mature)


The grass is beginning to green and take root. There is also a bed on the right side that runs up all the way to the street but I was too lazy to edit out our street sign in order to post it-sorry!

So since we moved in last July we had a total of 15 trees taken out of the front yard and 2 in the back. There are still 8 trees in the back as you can see, but at least we have some room in front now. My favorite part of the story is that we had a sprinkler system put in with the yard. We were going to have a plumber tie it into the main line and give us another gauge (so we could get a credit back from the county for the non-sewer use). He came the day AFTER the sod was laid only to tell us we had a galvanized steel pipe and it was on its last legs. So we had to have them peal back the sod, dig up the pipe and lay copper. Just an extra $1,000, but I guess its better than the $6-8K that it might have cost if it had busted. We also got a new hot water heater at that time as well. I had not taken a hot shower in 7 months. There was about 3-4 minutes of decent hot water then it would just continue to get more lukewarm. I know that its a luxury, and that the majority of the world does not have hot water, but it was SO NICE to take a truly hot shower again. Its been over a month and I am still thankful every time I get in my shower.

1 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

It looks great!!! We have about 15 trees we want to cut down in our yard too. I know it must have been a big job for whoever did it!