2.20.2010

So Long Old Friends




Well, Lance and I have sold our cars. Yes, friends, believe it. Lance has sold his 1994 "Rice Rocket" which he has driven since he was 16. We also sold my 1999 Camry that I have driven for over 7 years-cracked bummer and all. Lance's car had the roof fabric peeling away, and lets just say had the opposite of a "new car" smell. Upon the advice of Aunt Diane, we put both cars out at Uncle Billy's house, because she insisted they would sell. Well, they both sold within 5 hours of sitting out there. Both times, the first person to come by bought the car for full asking price, with no mechanic check out, etc. So Lance is now driving his mom's car and I have been upgraded to....



Yes, the Odyssey!!! I can't yet say I LOVE it, as there is still just one child so it just seems like more room, without any real need for it. We are looking forward to driving it to Cincy this week for my brother's wedding next weekend! Im sure it will come in handy then. Sorry, I have been a bad blogger lately. We, of course, enjoyed the 4 inches of snow last weekend. Lots of snowball fights, snowmen building and sledding on a real sled (thanks neighbors). Its great to live in a town with the word "Hills" in the title. It definitely proved useful for the snow. Not so much for running with a jogging stroller though. I will try to post a couple of pictures this week while up north (since it is not predicted to get above 37 degrees while we are there-puke!). After 60's today, Im not sure how we are going to stand it. Also, has anyone been to Panama City Beach in the past 3 years? If so, how was it? We are thinking about going this summer and I have heard they have really upgraded it. No longer so much the "Redneck Rivera".

5 comments:

Tammy said...

You will wonder what you did without the van :) Come visit us!!!

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

I grew up close to Panama City and I still have family that lives near there, and I must say after seeing it last summer...the city is actually really nice now! There are a lot of resorts that offer the convenience of beach-side living without having to own such a place, and there are many local restaurants/stores that are great too! All in all, I would say it is a good place to vacation...but I think I may be a little bias when it comes to the Gulf Coast...since I grew up only knowing those sandy beaches :)
~Katy

Anna Beall said...

I'm about to become a mini-van mom too. We'd love to find a used Odyssey- Where did y'all find your's?

Anna Beall said...

Also- can we sell our Pathfinder out at your aunt & uncle's- maybe we'd get more that way than with a trade-in:).

Abigail Avery said...

Congrats on the mini-van upgrade! Big steps. And, we've been down close to PCB the past two years, and it really has upgraded--significantly! Sounds like a good time! Hope you're feeling well!