Lance and I just returned from a 9 (yes, I did say 9) day trip to Cincy for Thanksgiving. We went up early because my siblings wanted to go to the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on Nov. 21st together. We left Madeline in Cincy with Mom and Dad, and spent the weekend with about 150,000 other people in Columbus. Lance promised me two things when we got married-1. he would never make me live in Atlanta (b/c I couldn't handle the traffic) and 2. that he would take me to a OSU/Michigan game every 5 years. Well, his time was up. Now, for my loyal readers, please do not misunderstand this request. My heart belongs to Bama, and I knew we would be attending the Iron Bowl far more than any OSU games. So back to the weekend....
Columbus was so much fun! This was my first ever Michigan game, and we were able to get tickets for a reasonable price. The stadium seats over 105,000 and it was packed, though I saw very few people in maze and blue (must have known it was going to be a blow out). My sister went to the game too, but my brother and Sarah watched from a bar. Its insane how many people watch the game at bars. There were at least 30,000 more people outside the stadium/in bars watching the game. Lance was pumped to wear his new hoodie sweatshirt (a must own if you live in Ohio and attending the game), but unlike most people, Lance choose to wear his coat as well! I've never sat through such a cold game. The high was 35, but it felt like 25 all day!!! I was so thankful it wasn't raining or snowing. You wouldn't believe how many people were in hoodie sweatshirts with just a jersey over top! I've definitely lost my thick skin. The clothing choices and large crowds for the game were not the only differences. We were handed cozies with the most popular motto of "F__K Michigan" printed on it upon walking to the game. Not something I think would be a big hit at a Bama game. A 42-7 win makes the count 5 straight years OSU has beat Michigan. Go Buckeyes!
And might I just say that there was nothing sweeter than singing Rammer Jammer in an airport bar this past Saturday night!!!!! I would have loved to have been in T-town that day for the game, but hopefully Lance and I will be singing it again on Saturday at the SEC Championship! Sweet story, we were loading up our luggage in B'ham when some Florida folks starting yelling "Go Gators." This prompted many others to start yelling "Roll Tide." Well, Madeline felt very passionate about this as well and started yelling "roll TIE"louder than I've ever heard her say it before!
12.01.2008
Rolling Over Archrivals Never Felt So Good
at 1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm sorry you missed a great (AWESOME) game - hopefully next weekend will be just as good - no matter what anyone is saying right now!
Post a Comment