1.22.2012

Poor Second Child



Being a second daughter myself, I swore I would not do to Paxton what was done to me-hardly any pictures, especially not by herself, forgetting to write anything down about her, wearing shoes too small for her feet, etc...Well, I have failed miserably. This baby is lucky if I take a picture of her once a month, and until this week was wearing shoes a whole size too small. I have given myself some grace and let go of the guilt because I realize that all those things are not my gift package (except the shoes-should have seen that one). I find myself alone with her this morning and thought I should write some things down. She plays so well by herself. She loves to play with her babydolls, feed them bottles, rock them. She likes to color, and I think she will be our lefty. Her speech is amazing. Now, she's 17 months, so I am not saying that others can understand her, but her Mama does, which is amazing for me. She will sing the cleanup song "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere," and then yesterday sang "happy birthday dear Sissy" for Madeline. This child's hair is so straight. She will only keep a bow or clippy in it for a short time. We lose one a day. Paxie is spunky too. She thinks she is as big as her sister and tries to do what the big kids do. She is also very easy going. Because she is a good independent player, she does not require much attention or help, but when she does not get her way, she can throw down with the best of them. I am so thankful because she is a snuggler! M was/is not, but Pax is good for a hug and kiss any time. Our bedtime routine consists of laying her night-night (blanket) over my shoulder and she lays her head on it while I sing and pray. This girl still can knock back the food. She is constantly on the lookout for her next "nack" (snack). We are so thankful for our second daughter who brings such joy to our home. Sorry baby for the lack of pictures!

Another new post below!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

aww, so sweet! You made me cry! I hate that we don't live closer where I can see her (and Ms. Madeline..and you) all the time!