8.06.2011

Beach Vacation

Ate outside a couple of times when it was not so humid

ate sand, so she only visited the beach the one time

Papa C came down for one night as well!

Hit The Track. They got the fastest car out there and passed literally everyone! I was barely able to get this picture.

When through Paxton, Florida

They were drenched after the bumper boats


Paxie loved the pool water which was a blessing because she has not been loving it most of the summer. Hated the ocean though. It might have had something to do with the fact that I let a wave splash her within the first 15 seconds we were out there, but in my defense, I was not aware of it coming. Oh well, next year maybe...

Our family photo because what beach trip is complete without one?
We got to spend a few days in Destin last week. We had a lot of fun, but this was a first solo trip with just us and I must say, I suddenly appreciated my parents a lot more after it. We mostly did vacations with just out immediately family growing up and its a lot of work (which I knew but still its tiring to tote kids and stuff around on vacation). Still, so much fun, but with a baby that still needs to nap twice a day, we split time between being in the condo with her and down at the pool/beach with M. Madeline learned to swim without floaties all the time which was so fun to see! I would not say she can "swim" yet, but she made some great progress with putting her face in and kicking her legs to get short distances. I read an entire book! The Pioneer Woman's book which was a really good, fast read if anyone is interested. Cannot believe how the summer is flying by. Paxton's first birthday is this week and then we have a Cincy trip, and then it will be time for MDO to start. Summer goes too quickly, but I am looking forward to fall weather.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

too bad we couldn't coordinate our trips! Looks like you had fun, can't wait to hear about it. I love the family picture!

Kate said...

You guys look great. I can't believe how big Madeline is! We miss you.