9.24.2010

Chattanooga and Girls Beach Weekend


Pumped to stay the night at a hotel. She tells when when she gets home "Hey mom, did you know that you dont have to make your bed at a hotel? They do it for you."

At The Discovery Museum

Riding the "City Bus" (to be distinguished from a school bus). Also very pumped to do this though the look on her face does not show it.

Can you go to Chattanooga without visiting the train?
i
Some cool water park under the bridge. The water is only ankle deep





They had a candle light dinner after we left on Thursday night. Pizza for dinner. Very classy!



At the Aquarium

Paxie Pooh hanging out at the beach with the ladies. I know everyone has their own opinion about who she looks like, but for me, its like looking at the same baby again.

These are my best girlfriends from church that I have gone to the beach with (3rd weekend in September!) for the past five years! My dear friend Lory has moved to Park City, Utah this past winter and she brought a new friend from out there this year. It is so nice to get away with these women and catch up without children interrupting. We just talk, relax, laugh, watch movies, pray, and eat very well (and I dont mean healthy here). Paxton being just 5 weeks old was pretty much a requirement to tag along. She was wonderful! She has pretty consistently slept through the night since 4 weeks (I know, Im spoiled), and she slept almost the entire way down and back. She only woke to eat. I'm so thankful the car is soothing for her. I'm hoping another trip won't throw her completely off. We are heading to Cincy tomorrow for a couple of days. Lance needs to work out of the Cincy office. How great is it that my husband's work takes him to my home city? Definitely ordained by our Heavenly Father.
Anywho, Lance decided he wanted to do something special with just Madeline, so he took her to Chattanooga for a night. They had such a fun time, it made me wish I was there. I'm so thankful they have that special memory together. I was glad to get to spend some alone time with Paxton. I have felt like I have neglected her since coming home from the hospital. I know that is the plight of a second child. There is always someone else there needing mom. Two really makes you feel spread thin as a mom.
I wanted to write some memorable things M has said lately.
-The other day she asked why miners where trapped and when they would be out. Lance and I asked her where she heard this and she replied "ABC News."
-We have been for a while spelling things when we don't want M to hear. I was telling Lance that I needed to run O-U-T to which M replied "what are you spelling? Are you going out?" She did this with another word but I cant remember what it was. Im sure that its more of her understanding the context of the sentence, but I think its cute that she knows the word that is missing.
-After we left for the beach, Lance was asking M if she was going to miss me. She said yes and hung her head all sad looking. She then peaked up at Lance and said "you could try cheering me up."
-Lance and I refer to each other as "babe" (gross, I know. Everyone has their endearments). Lately when M has called for me she will say "hey babe.."
-For about a week M was referring to me as "Mother." But it sounded more like "Mudda." She would often say "Oh Mudda!"
-Have you all seen the commercial for Pillow Pets? If not, its a commercial that comes on frequently on kids stations. M has seen it about a hundred times. Its got a catchy little jingle to it as well. We were singing it one day when M says "and they're washable too." The next time the commercial came on it came to that part and M turned to me and said "see, I told you."

2 comments:

Tammy said...

First of all, the pillow pets commercials are quite effective, as I have family buying those for their birthdays next week :)

Secondly, let me know when we can see you! Maybe I'll have Noah early just for you :)

Ashley said...

I LOVE reading all of M's comments...hilarious! Can't wait to meet Paxton one day!