2.04.2009

What Do Y'all Think?

Just too cute not to share. Her favorite fruit is oranges.

So I could not get this girl to smile for a picture comparison, but what do you all think? The last picture is of me-I was either almost 2 or almost 3. Poor girl isn't going to be a towhead like her mom. Darn Lance and his dark genes. I do understand that it could be due to the fact that my hair is so much darker now-I feel like a brunette. My hairdresser called me a "dirty blond" and it felt like she was calling me a hussy.

We went in earlier this week for Madeline's 2 year check up. She weighed in at 30 lbs (90th %) and is 35 inches tall (75th%). She had a major weight gain because she was in only the 50th% for weight at her 18 month. I had still been giving her whole milk so we dropped to 2% (reminds me of a quote from Napoleon Dynamite-giggle). I must also say that it was nice to not have to strip her and she can stand on the scale now instead of the baby scale. M got a doctor set for her birthday and she likes to listen to our hearts and take our blood pressure. She says, "listen heart Mommy," "Take blood pessure." Though she calls the blood pressure display a "clock." We had been practicing so she could talk to "Doccer Tellos" (Dr. Petelos), but the second he walked in, she clammed up. She did let him look at everything as we discussed he would, but I'm very doubtful now that she will let the dentist in her mouth later this month. I'm still talking it up. I'll tell you what, she has had more meltdowns in a week than she has had in 3 months. How to make her understand the importance of obedience without breaking her spirit? If someone has the answer, please share.

6 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Uh, yeah, she looks just like you!! I'm starting some new discipline/obedience stuff with Mags. Seems to be working so far. I'll post about it if all continues to go well. She began major disobedience and attitude issues right around the same time and I feel like I'm just now fully getting a handle on it.

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

WOW! I though that was a pic of Madeline until I kept reading! She is definitely a mini-you!!! So fun and so cute!!!

I'm right there with ya on the discipline and trying to figure out how to best parent a 2 year old! I'll let ya know what works and if I get any good advice.

Ashley said...

looks just like you...that is crazy!!! glad her check up went well..i can't believe she's 2! time flies. that's so fun you came by the store..sorry I missed you! thanks for the business(:It really is a shame that the only time I see you is at showers/weddings etc..we need to work on that(:

Kate said...

Dead ringers!

Wait....what? You mean you DON'T want to break their spirits??? I was WAY off on that one.

The Burgess Family said...

I want to hear how the dentist goes. Clayton goes next month and I'm not thinking he's going to love it!

Tammy said...

Love the similar pictures-so cute!
You won't break her spirit when you start with the discipline-she needs to be a little afraid for flat out disobedience so that you don't have a terror on your hands! You'll just have to see what works for your family. Abby could just be threatened with getting in trouble and she would stop. Caleb-he laughed. Every child is different!